Always through airport security three hours early? Wish we had a Pre-Pre-Conference? We get you. Be the first ones to learn, inspire, network and collaborate before the conference begins!
Enhance your National LINC experience.
Join us for an unforgettable pre-conference day experience. Whether you’re a firm of 5 or 105, you’ll gain essential takeaways to help you be more efficient and cultivate more opportunities. Choose from 12 breakout sessions and 4 workshops designed to help you deliver great service and realize meaningful business results.
Session topics include managing your technology, workflows, human capital, cyber security, personal trusts, the Anti-Money Laundering rule and the DOL regulations’ impact on your investment process.
The 4 full-day workshops are:
- Advanced Operations Training
- iRebal® New User Training
- Get your Retirement Plan Practice into Shape
- Trading Services for Today’s Market
Advanced Operations Training
Based on your feedback throughout 2016, this workshop goes beyond the basics by helping you address the increasing demands of your back office and improve your client experience using the latest available Veo® technology. Learn about new functionality including the Veo Account Wizard for online account opening and electronic signature, new “same-day” check deposit capabilities which enable you to scan and deposit checks right from your desk, and preview a new time-saving feature, the Veo Status Tracker, to help you monitor pending requests. You will also get an overview of the latest features of AdvisorClient® and AdvisorClient Mobile, such as remote deposits, enhanced security, client-self enrollment, and an easier way to sign-up for paperless statements and confirmations.
Get your Retirement Plan Practice into Shape
The Retirement Plans Workshop makes it easier for you to grow your retirement plan practice. Presented by an ERISA consultant and TD Ameritrade experts, it offers the opportunity to ask questions, explore case studies and gather practice tips. Sessions include:
- Advisor support for plan sponsor and participant investment responsibility & the advisor’s role in retirement plans
- Plan committees and supporting the fiduciary process
- Prospecting and growth strategies for your retirement plan practice
- TD Ameritrade Retirement Plan Playbook demonstration
- Litigation and enforcement trends
iRebal on Veo Training Workshop
Join us for an in-depth, hands-on training session designed to help you quickly gain traction using iRebal rebalancing technology, winner of the WealthManagement.com 2015 Industry Award for Rebalancing. During this highly interactive session, we will show you ways to maximize your efficiency in portfolio monitoring and rebalancing. If you don’t already have access, your firm will be enabled for iRebal and you will learn how to configure your settings while working real-time in your firm’s iRebal environment. After you complete this training, you’ll have all of the tools you need to complete your setup and begin rebalancing your clients’ portfolios. Sessions include:
- Set Global Settings
- Upload Models
- Configure Client Portfolios
- Run Rebalances and Review Results
- Order Blotter and Trading
Trading Strategies for Today’s Market
TD Ameritrade’s Chief Market Strategist, JJ Kinahan, kick starts your day with market commentary and insights followed by in-depth discussions about trading equities, ETFs, options, and fixed income. Next, learn how Veo®, thinkpipes®, and iRebal® can help maximize your execution capabilities and efficiency, plus why using the Institutional Block Desk can help you minimize market impact on large equity and ETF orders. In fact, on all institutional trade desks, leveraging the expertise of our veteran strategists is a must-have skill. The afternoon wraps with an interactive panel discussion exploring how and why options sub-advisors implement options strategies in their clients’ accounts.
- Introduction and market commentary from JJ Kinahan, Chief Market Strategist at TD Ameritrade
- Probability analysis and technical analysis using thinkpipes
- Options income strategies
- Fixed income trading on Veo
- Trading with iRebal
- Equity and ETF trading with the Institutional Block Desk
- Panel Discussion – How advisors are using options
See the agenda for more details on the breakout sessions.